Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What to do with Pain? When it is not just a 'Pain in the Ass.'

ШАРКОImage via Wikipedia
I am not a good physical therapy patient. When each step hurts so much more after physical therapy I wonder if physical therapy is worth it. I am asking if I am doing more damage versus building stronger support muscles like the therapist says. Even with taking increasing doses of  pain management drugs [gabapentin, a anticonvulsant] the pain is worsening... getting sharper like the joint is on fire. What do I need to do when it is not just a 'Pain in the Ass?"

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

yikes! i don't know what to say. PT shouldn't hurt so much afterwards that you need MORE pain killers. i mean, yeah, it's gonna hurts some...but not to where it should feel like FIRE! (not after you've been going for a while...unless you've just started...????)

...maybe try a different therapist?